OVCDC Career Education
The OVCDC Career Education Program is funded by the NACTEP grant provided through the U.S. Department of Education-Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE). NACTEP is the Native American Career and Technical Education Program, assisting Native Americans to pursue vocational and technical careers and certificate programs.
Career Education Program Services
The OVCDC Career Education Program (CEP) provides career development and training to Native Americans residing in Inyo and Mono Counties through the use of screening, preparation, training/education, and job placement services. Tuition and the loan of textbooks are provided to qualified students attending Cerro Coso Community College.
Other Services Available:
- Career Assessment
- Assistance with Career &
- Job Search & Referrals
- Assistance with Résumé Writing
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Assistance with application Process
- Supportive Services for Qualifying Individuals include Tuition/Books/Student Supplies & Fees
- Use of computers
Qualification for our program is limited to adult students who:
- live in Inyo or Mono County, and
- have a high school diploma, or have passed the GED or CHSPE, and
- can provide proof of Native American tribal membership, or
- live in a Native American household
To promote and encourage self-sufficiency through education and increased career opportunities for Native Americans. We are dedicated to assisting adult students in achieving their educational and career goals, including career training, upgrading current job and life skills, and/or transferring to a four-year university. While striving to preserve, enhance, and promote indigenous culture, we encourage an attitude of lifelong learning and community service.
Our office is located at:
2574 Diaz Lane Bishop, CA 93514
Phone: 760-873-6547 Fax: 760-872-3681