Nüümü Yadoha Language Program Services
The Nüümü Yadoha Language Program services Native Language revitalization efforts throughout our Six-county consortium: Inyo, Kern, Tulare, Fresno, Kings and Mono Counties. Efforts are made to see that all indigenous Language are represented and promoted and we also support language classes from other areas. We currently offer language classes in: Owens Valley Paiute, Pakanapul, Kawaiisu, Kitanemuk, Yowlumni, Wukchumni, Yaqui and Western Mono.Our Language Program offers a variety of opportunities to learn from pre-schools to family based settings. We encourage learning through cultural experiences such as basket weaving, beadwork, Handgames, and Traditional Storytelling.
The language program offers services both onsite at TANF offices and offsite in communities without a TANF office. Services are offered in the following counties:
- Inyo County- Bishop Big Pine Lone Pine
- Mono County- Benton, Bridgeport (coming soon)
- Kern County- Bakersfield, Lake Isabella, Ridgecrest, Mt Mesa, Tehachapi
- Tulare County- Porterville, Tule River, Visalia
- Fresno County- Big Sandy, Cold Springs, Fresno
- Kings County-(coming soon)
Applicants that would like to take part of the Language programs benefits can do so upon the completion of a TANF prevention application.